Creative Skillset Open Doors event at 3 Mills Studios
On Wednesday 21st September we were delighted to host a Creative Skillset Open Doors event here at 3 Mills Studios.
This event was part of Open Doors, a series of events brought to you by Creative Skillset, the skills body for the Creative Industries. They provide valuable opportunities for trainees to meet businesses and find out what they’re looking for in new talent and network with industry professionals and like-minded peers.
The event started with a tour of the studios, with a chance to look at one of the sets of a long-running drama series we have based here. The attendees then attended a talk and Q&A with six industry professionals who all gave career advice and insight into their own career paths.
The panel included:
- Tom Avison – Head of Studios, 3 Mills Studios
- Gemma Gurvitz Company – Director, Talent Talks Casting Agency
- Ross Booker – Production Manager, Masterchef
- Paul Harrod – Production Designer
- Roxannah Linklater – Trainee Rigger
- Daniel Bishop – Camera Man, One Stop Films
The evening ended with networking drinks to give trainees an opportunity to network professionally. It was a very successful evening and we look forward to working with Creative Skillset again soon.