3 Mills Studios Commitment to Privacy
3 Mills Studios is owned by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) and managed by Knight Frank LLP on behalf of the LLDC.
What data do you hold about me?
We hold the following details for people (clients and potential clients) who have made bookings with us or enquired about making a booking:
- Your name, email address, job title and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our online enquiry forms or emails sent to us.
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices used to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server
- Records of your interactions with 3 Mills Studios e.g. previous bookings
- Records of email exchanges and phone calls
- Details of financial transactions
What do you use my data for?
We use your data to provide any services you request from us and also pursue 3 Mills Studios’ legitimate interests in promoting our studio spaces, news and events.
Specific activities include:
- To deal with your requests, enquiries and bookings
- To contact you for reasons related to your requests, enquiries and bookings
- To advise of 3 Mills Studios’ availability and services
- To send you quarterly newsletters with information about 3 Mills Studios
- To send you details of special offers and services offered by our tenants
- To notify you about updates to the www.3mills.com website
- Contacting you to invite you to 3 Mills Studios’ events
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you personally in any way
Who is responsible for my data?
Any data collected about you during your dealings with 3 Mills Studios or through your use of the 3 Mills Studios website will be kept under the control of the LLDC and/or Knight Frank. Their privacy policies can be viewed here:
London Legacy Development Corporation: http://www.queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/privacy-policy
Knight Frank LLP: http://www.knightfrank.com/legals/privacy-statement
3 Mills Studios can be contacted using the following details:
How long will you keep my data for?
We keep details of contracted bookings for seven years for tax and accounting reasons.
We will keep your contact details for three years after the date of your last enquiry in case you want to make a future booking.
We will delete your email address from our e-newsletter mailing list as soon as possible after you unsubscribe from the mailing list. You can do this at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-newsletter we send you.
Where will my data be stored?
Your data will be stored on secure servers at the 3 Mills Studios offices in London, and securely backed up on secure external servers in London.
Some data (including, but not limited to, information relating to invoices issued and paid) will also be stored on Knight Frank’s secure servers in London. Other data (including, but not limited to, information relating to executed contracts) will also be kept at the LLDC offices in London and/or stored on the LLDC’s secure servers in London.
We also use cloud based services to store and process data about clients. Some of these cloud providers store data in the United States. In these cases the providers are certified under the EU-US privacy shield framework (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome). In addition to this our contracts with these providers include clauses which guarantee that they provide the same safeguards for the data and rights to our members as if the data were stored in the EU. More information about the security measures put in place by these providers is linked to below.
Here is a list of the current cloud based service providers we share your data with:
4S Systems’ Studio Bookings System
What data: All data collected about enquiries and bookings at 3 Mills Studios is stored in 4S Systems’ Studio Bookings System.
Purpose: Managing our client database and facilitating studio bookings
Data location: Secure servers in the United Kingdom
More info: http://www.4ssystems.co.uk/privacy.php
Esteiro Business Solution Ltd’s Gold-Vision CRM System
What data: Any contact details you provide us with and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our online enquiry forms or emails sent to us.
Purpose: Keeping in touch with clients via email via e-newsletters
Data location: Secure servers in the United Kingdom
More info: https://www.gold-vision.com/privacy-notice
What data: Any information provided when filling out 3 Mills Studios’ surveys
Purpose: To gather data about client experiences when based at 3 Mills Studios
Data location: Secure servers in the USA
Who will have access to my data?
- The 3 Mills Studios’ Sales, Operations and Marketing teams, who are employees of Knight Frank, and other authorised employees of Knight Frank
- Authorised employees of the LLDC
Will you pass my data to anyone else?
We will never share your personal information with a third party, unless required to do so by law or for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Any personal information you provide to us is stored securely on password and firewall protected servers.
Any newsletter or marketing email which you receive from us will contain an unsubscribe option.
The Internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the Internet.
If you want to bring in third party suppliers such as caterers we can, if you wish, make an introduction for you. If you have requested that we do this then we will pass your contact details on to suitable carefully selected partners.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. This is a pan-European law which replaces previous national data protection legislation and gives all EU citizens common rights. The full text of the GDPR can be found here: https://gdpr-info.eu/
What rights does GDPR give me?
Full details of your rights are available in the text of the GDPR (see above link) but here is a quick summary of the main provisions which are relevant to the type of data we hold about you:
- Access: You have the right to view the data we hold about you and to receive copies of this data in digital format.
- Accuracy: If any of the data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete then you can provide the correct or complete data and we must update the data we hold.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase all the data we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing: In some cases you can ask us to retain your data but not do anything with it.
How do I exercise my GDPR rights?
If you want to exercise any of your rights in relation to data 3 Mills Studios holds about you then please email: email@example.com or email or write to the Data Controller at the address given above (see “Who is responsible for my data?”)
Please provide details in your email/letter of what actions you would like us to take. Depending on the nature of the request and whether or not your request comes from the email address we have on file for you, we may need to verify your identity so that we don’t give out information to the wrong person. In most cases it helps if you are able to provide a contact phone number so that we can validate your identify and discuss the request with you.
What if I have a complaint?
If you are concerned about how we manage your data, or how we have handled a request to exercise your rights, then please get in touch with us to discuss it. To do this please send an email detailing your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are still not satisfied with the response you can take your concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For details of how to do this please refer to the ICO web site: https://ico.org.uk/
The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them
The information that these cookies provide will help us to improve our site by telling us which pages you find useful and which pages you do not.
We use the following types of cookies:
Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance. Learn more about session cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org
Analytical cookies – Our website uses Google Analytics cookies (third party cookies) for the following purposes:
- a cookie to record the time of your first visit to website, the time of your most recent visit to the website, the time of your current visit and your journey through the website
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website
- a cookie to record how you located our website (i.e. Google search, keyword, link from other page etc.).
We only share the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics with Google. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please visit the Google Privacy and Data Sharing pages. The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way. To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may wish to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On
Can I opt out of cookies?
For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.