3 Mills Studios sponsors Director: Fiction category at British Academy Television Craft Awards for sixth year running
PRESS RELEASE: Wednesday 28 April
3 Mills Studios is proud to be sponsoring the Director: Fiction category at the British Academy Television Craft Awards 2021 for the sixth year running.
The TV Craft Awards recognise, honour and reward the important individuals behind the outstanding TV we have enjoyed and loved over the last 12 months, providing inspiration to the next generation of TV makers.
2020 was a year like no other – as we all tuned in to our favourite TV shows for entertainment, connection and relief more than ever before. We look forward to celebrating the talented Directors and crew who made these shows happen.
The nominees for this year’s Director: Fiction category were announced by BAFTA today and are as follows:
- Lenny Abrahamson for Normal People (Element Pictures/BBC Three)
- Benjamin Caron for The Crown (episode 3) (Left Bank Pictures in association with Sony Pictures Television/Netflix)
- Michaela Coel, Sam Miller for I May Destroy You (Various Artists, FALKNA/BBC One)
- Steve McQueen for Small Axe (Turbine Studios, Lammas Park/BBC One)
We are once again honoured to sponsor this important award and look forward to celebrating each Director’s unique contribution to the year’s best TV.
In addition to this, 3 Mills Studios would like to pass on congratulations to the nominated TV shows and crews across the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and the British Academy Television Craft Awards which have used the studio facility for production:
- MasterChef: The Professionals (Shine TV/BBC One) who were nominated for Reality & Constructed Factual at the 2021 British Academy Television Awards
- The Great (MRC Television/Starzplay) – Louise Coles, Sarah Nuth, Lorraine Glynn, Erin Ayanian who were nominated for Make Up and Hair Design at the TV Craft Awards
- The Third Day (Sky Studios, Plan B Entertainment, Punchdrunk Entertainment, HBO/Sky Atlantic): production team who were nominated for Live Event for the Autumn episode, Cristobal Tapia De Veer who was nominated for Original Music in episode 3, and Shaheen Baig nominated for Scripted Casting sponsored by Spotlight
The British Academy Television Craft Awards will be hosted by Actor, Writer and Director Gbemisola Ikumelo. It will take place on Monday 24 May and will be broadcast through BAFTAs social channels including at www.youtube.com/bafta.
Full list of nominations available here: https://www.bafta.org/television/awards/tv-2021
Notes to editors:
3 Mills Studios is an iconic production destination in the heart of London’s most vibrant creative community. Situated on an attractive island oasis in East London, 3 Mills Studios is one of the most accessible film & TV studios in the UK with excellent transport links to central London. With 9 filming stages, 11 theatre spaces and over 75,000 sq. ft. of filming space, we have the facilities to fit the bill and help our clients create outstanding results. 3 Mills Studios is managed by Knight Frank on behalf of the London Legacy Development Corporation, reporting to the Mayor of London.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a world-leading independent arts charity that brings the very best work in film, games and television to public attention and supports the growth of creative talent in the UK and internationally. Through its Awards ceremonies and year-round programme of learning events and initiatives – which includes workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes in the UK, USA and Asia – BAFTA identifies and celebrates excellence, discovers, inspires and nurtures new talent, and enables learning and creative collaboration. For advice and inspiration from the best creative minds in working in film, games and television, visit www.bafta.org/guru. For more, visit www.bafta.org.
For more information about 3 Mills Studios, please contact: email@example.com.
For more information about BAFTA, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.